Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About the job
We’re looking for an experienced, data-driven marketer with a knack for conveying the value of products through content and storytelling.
This person will define and own the strategy for our bottom-of-the-funnel content program including the production and distribution of articles, ebooks, customer stories, webinars, infographics, interactive units, and more and ensure we’re hitting core KPIs.
They will work cross-functionally within the Go to Market function at Toast to identify industry trends and product priorities and translate them into high-converting, high-quality content that highlights Toast as the restaurant platform of choice.
- Own content that drives acceleration at the bottom of the funnel, including product-related content, customer upsell content, sales enablement content, and content corresponding to any emerging business needs
- Build and execute on a content roadmap to improve traffic to lead conversion rates and increase platform adoption in existing customer base
- Produce a wide range of materials including content assets such as articles, ebooks, webinars, infographics, interactive units (ROI Calculators), and more
- Collaborate cross-functionally with demand generation, product marketing, sales enablement, customer marketing, and creative teams
- Identify KPIs and establish goals for the program, as well as establish reporting for internal share outs on the success of the program
- Optimize the existing bottom of the funnel content portfolio against competing campaigns, priorities, and goals
- Facilitate the distribution and promotion of all bottom of funnel content assets using internally and externally available channels
- Evolve our existing bottom of funnel content strategy and identify new content opportunities or areas of investment
- Excellent writer and editor, and have an intermediate to expert level understanding of content marketing philosophy, SEO, content promotion, lead generation, and full-funnel campaign management
- Experience leading end-to-end campaigns or content projects, defining objectives and strategies, defining core KPIs and leading indicators, and executing on a plan
- Experience building, executing, and scaling cross-functional programs or marketing campaigns from concept to completion
- Strong project management skills and experience working with a broad spectrum of both internal and external teams, freelancers, agencies, and vendors/partners
- You have experience reporting out on content and campaign performance and ROI using tools such as Google Analytics, Looker, Heap, as well as Marketing Automation/CRM tools (e.g. Marketo)
- Prioritization skills and the ability to make strategic decisions to determine the highest impact near-term and long-term content marketing opportunities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with clear examples of using data actively to define a strategy, desired KPIs and leading indicators, ROI analysis and recommendations