About the job
As a member of Susan G. Komen’s Marketing and Communications team, this position will write and edit content that communicates compelling and consistent messaging with the goal of enhancing Komen’s brand positioning and driving revenue. The content should encourage and invite people to take action to support our vision and mission as well as engage audiences, so they can help us share important breast cancer facts, news and information, donate to the cause, register for events, and solicit friends and family to support their fundraisers, and join us in our advocacy work. The scope of work varies and includes, but is not limited to, email, blog and web content primarily in support of localized communications. The Content Writer must be passionate about writing, a critical thinker, expert wordsmith and storyteller, and a self-starter. Additionally, the Content Writer must have superior attention to detail, organized and have the ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, and a keen interest in writing to appeal to and influence multiple audiences.
- Compellingly demonstrate the personal and emotional impact our work has in people’s lives, as well as the data surrounding the measurable outcomes and impact.
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate between on- and off-brand messaging.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to ensure content integrity and accuracy across multiple platforms and formats.
- Write and edit all content for monthly constituent e-newsletters.
- Proactive and strategic about finding and telling stories that highlight Komen’s mission and impact, and thought leadership
- Localize Komen strategic communication priorities and programs, positioning each with stories of local impact through email, blogs and other channels.
- Write and edit content for various email campaigns.
- Optimize content (language, tone, message) based on target audience.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal business partners and actively seek out and develop content that inspires and motivates users to take action, builds brand awareness, trust and consideration.
- Exercise donor-centric thinking when writing content to appeal to both new and existing Komen audiences.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Excellent writing skills with a strong capacity for creative writing
- Experience in how to tell compelling, highly shareable, memorable stories using words, photos, graphics, video and audio.
- Strong editing skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Knowledge of a variety of communication formats
- Ability to manage assignments, meet multiple deadlines and coordinate with other stakeholders
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Experience with writing online content
Work Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in marketing, journalism, communications or related field required to effectively perform the job’s responsibilities. Portfolio of a variety of writing samples is required.
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in related field.