TaxJar is focused on solving the absurdly complicated challenges of sales tax for e-commerce businesses. We were recently acquired by Stripe to join them on their mission of growing the GDP of the internet. Stripe and TaxJar are a natural fit, both in terms of mission and culture. We are an inclusive team that values different perspectives. We set ambitious goals, and work together collaboratively — not letting egos get in the way of great work. Stripe and TaxJar are full of people who love a challenge, and never stop being curious and growing. We look forward to learning what you could bring to our team!
About the job
TaxJar, a Stripe Company, is seeking a Partner Marketing Manager to join the team and work collaboratively with the marketing, partnerships, and sales teams. TaxJar sits at the nexus of eCommerce and Fintech – and our partner ecosystem encompasses a wide range of organizations that specialize in eCommerce, technology, data management, and taxation.
If you see the partner ecosystem as a field of experts, thought leaders, and lead generators, then you’ll be a great fit for this role. We believe in building strong relationships from our partners to our customers. You should be passionate about creating value for our partners – from campaigns to enablement to joint go-to-market initiatives. To be successful in this role, you have experience in working with strategic partners and building scalable programs.
In this role, you’ll get to:
Contribute to TaxJar’s partner program strategy and create partner co-marketing campaigns:
- In collaboration with the Marketing, Partners and Sales teams, you’ll execute a partner marketing program that sets the stage for long-term growth with our partner ecosystem
- You’ll build deep relationships with marketing counterparts at our partner companies and develop a strategic understanding of how we mutually benefit from programs
- You’ll scale efforts through the TaxJar partner program(s) and develop full funnel campaigns that drive customer acquisition and grow our share of voice
Enable TaxJar’s partners:
- Create, manage and execute enablement programs and revenue-generating campaigns with partners to drive leads and enhance engagement
- You’ll lead and execute new partner activation programs and develop go-to-market plans to enable our partners to easily adopt, market, sell and service our products
- You’ll be an ambassador of the TaxJar product through partner channels, inclusive of how TaxJar appears on their app listings, websites, and social media
- You’ll communicate proactively with partners about our latest product development and company news
Lead partner programs & events:
- You’ll deliver on co-marketing commitments tied to new partner agreements and new integration launches to build pipeline and speed up time to referral
- You’ll lead all elements of the demand mix with assigned partners – partner webinars, events, meetups, sales programs, email communications, product updates, and direct mail
- You’ll create content and co-branded materials for these programs and events, in partnership with your product marketing and content marketing peers
- You’ll proactively work with assigned partners to discover other marketing opportunities using a creative, problem-solving approach to improve lead generation and help our partners achieve their goals
Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders:
- To be successful in this role, you’ll need substantial cross-functional alignment with sales, partnerships, marketing, and customer success.
- You’ll work with peers in marketing on messaging, content creation, and measuring impact through reporting and analytics.
- You’ll collaborate with the partner and sales teams to prioritize campaigns, drive warm leads, accelerate opportunities, and build brand loyalty with the partners
- You’ll learn from the customer experience team how to set customers up for success – from onboarding through adoption.
- You’ll advocate for our partners and our shared customers across the organization
- 5+ years’ experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, preferably in eCommerce tech, Fintech, or SaaS industries.
- 5+ years experience in lead generation, sales enablement or content marketing, preferably in a partner marketing role
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation of co-marketing campaigns – with a focus on bringing consistency and scalability.
- Demonstrated ability to develop partner relationships and think creatively with partners.
- Have a broad understanding of all go-to-market functions and how they work together to maximize growth.
- Are passionate about understanding what partners need to grow better and formalize programs.
- Can drive cross-functional, organizational-wide impact across strategy, operations, marketing, sales, customer success, and product.
- Adapt quickly to the evolving needs of a high-growth company.
- Has the ability to prioritize and focus on high impact initiatives to deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Enthusiasm for data-driven decisions and analysis, to deliver in a high-growth environment
- Curious, creative, and collaborative team player who consistently communicates internally and externally.
- Excel at working remotely (Basecamp, chat, Zoom, etc)
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.