About the job
We are looking for a Publicist with 2-5 years of experience, who is passionate about creating and executing best-in-class publicity campaigns in the entertainment industry. This publicist should take initiative and accountability, bring energy and creativity, know how to leverage social media and engage influencers, and look forward to delivering innovative and impactful campaigns.
This Publicist will be an integral part of the Publicity department as someone who is committed to establishing and fostering client and media relationships. Ideally, they will be skilled at developing, preparing and executing client proposals for small and mid-tier campaigns, while working with the Director and Publicity Managers on large high priority campaigns. This is an opportunity to gain invaluable experience with some of the best clients in entertainment.
- Explore and identify innovative and achievable opportunities to reach a target audience through media outreach, partnerships, events, promotions, leveraging digital platforms and integrating social media.
- Secure and facilitate talent interviews with media (digital and traditional), including junkets and red carpets
- Build press kits and write press releases, pitches, strategy documents, new business proposals, fact sheets, etc.
- Ideate creative influencer concepts and engage with social media influencers for paid and earned campaigns
- Prepare necessary campaign reports and tracking/clipping coverage
- Maintain/build media lists and establish working relationships with key contacts
- Exceptional project management skills, including organization, prioritization and communication
- Takes initiative, problem-solver and follows through
- Knowledgeable about trends, technology developments and innovations as they relate to publicity and social media, with a knack for identifying new opportunities and ideas to clients
- Persuasive communication for pitching and selling stories to broadcast, print, online and new media