While the landscape changes, core marketing concepts remain the same. We take tried and true strategic and tactical concepts and apply them to new marketing channels and technologies. At the heart of what we do, our focus is on making sure your customers and prospects know the value you bring to them, and make it easy for them to take action on your value proposition.
About the job
We’re looking for a full-time, experienced content marketer to manage campaigns for a variety of B2B clients. Proofpoint is a fully remote, revenue marketing agency based in the Twin Cities, with a growing roster of amazing clients. Your role entails (but is not limited to), the following:
- Assist and help execute content strategy, based on our proven Content Framework, including the research and synthesis of client personas, content gap analysis, and editorial and content calendars.
- Work closely with Client Success team members (e.g. account manager, project manager, strategy leads) to ensure work is being done to agreed upon scope, timeline, strategy and objectives.
- Strategize, plan and execute long-form content (e.g. blogs, articles, whitepapers, etc.).
- Strategize, plan and execute short-form content (e.g. social posts, landing page copy, etc.).
- Providing recommendations for video, visual and/or audio content to internal and external resources.
- Develop SEO content briefs to be used with either internal or external copywriting resources.
- Interface and work with external writing and creative talent, as needed.
- Lead ongoing content recommendations and contribute to content creation where needed.
- Perform keyword research to develop and optimize content for maximum qualified organic traffic.
- Recommend content cadence(s) and put together and manage editorial calendars.
- Analyze, interpret and act upon content marketing performance data, including forecasting performance.
- Provide recurring summary reports and recommendations to clients and internal teams.
- Assist with internal agency content marketing efforts.
- Participate in elevating the agency brand and culture, both internally and externally.
- Must command a strong mastery of the written word and have a passion for how content can impact business results.
- Must have a healthy obsession with grammar and punctuation.
- Possess a strong understanding of how content drives demand and revenue.
- Understanding of how content impacts SEO, and a mastery of SEO best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of content distribution channels and strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of social media and social media management tools.
- Experience with developing content for various mediums (written, video, audio, etc.).
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple projects/client accounts.
- 3-5 years content marketing experience.
- 1 – 2 years agency experience preferred.
- 1 – 2 years copywriting experience preferred.
- On-page SEO experience preferred.
- Experience working remotely and/or with remote teams preferred.
- Experience with B2B industries and clients