PR Volt is a marketing solutions company that specializes in automating A-list media coverage for startups without the agency price tag.
About the job
PR Volt automates and amplifies the traditional public relations (PR) approach to yield incredible results for our clients. Our clients span B2C and B2B, lifestyle and tech, and have been featured in People, CNN, The Today Show, Huffington Post, AOL, Good Morning America, WIRED, NPR and beyond.
In this role, you will be responsible for conceptualizing and driving highly appealing and creative media relations for clients, developing media lists, crafting persuasive media pitches, and sending them to the media on behalf of our clients. Writing compelling emails that editors can’t help but open and respond to will be your North Star. Knowing how to turn a ‘maybe’ into a hit is your secret weapon.
You look at ‘no news’ as an opportunity, not a burden. You’re able to handle day-to-day communications with clients and media with little guidance, stay on track of client deliverables, follow processes and merchandize coverage at the drop of a hat. Data-driven insights like ‘open rates’ are part of your vocabulary just as much as ‘lede.’
Your ability to translate client’s business and marketing needs to PR strategy and tactics is outstanding. Your Excel skills are superb and your experience with creating media lists and collaborating via Slack are unrivaled.
You’re also passionate about startups and technology and you’re interested in disrupting the public relations space. You know the difference between editorial calendars and HAROs, and managing editors versus news editors.
- 2+ years of experience in tech, lifestyle, fashion, beauty, wellness, CPG, food & beverage, or other general B2C media relations. B2B experience in tech, education, and other areas are a welcome plus!
- You’re comfortable working with a lean, remote account team and you’re deeply familiar with efficiency/communication tools like Slack
- Able to work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Recent experience working directly with clients in dynamic situations
- Great communicator and super organized
- Tech-savvy (you love getting your hands dirty with new apps/tech and are always looking for a better way to do things)
- Data-driven (your Excel skills are superb and you can analyze email campaign performance)
- Strong storytelling, media relations and copywriting skills
- PR agency experience preferred