At Phosphorus, our mission is to extend and improve lives by making genomics a foundational part of everyone’s health and wellness journey. We have built a verticalized genetic testing platform, from wet lab chemistry to software and bioinformatics, allowing us to provide the most comprehensive, medical-grade genetic tests at price points helping to democratize access to genomic information. We seek to partner with and empower healthcare providers to make preventative genomics the norm in medicine.
About the job
Phosphorus is seeking an experienced Vice President of Marketing to oversee and direct our Marketing team. In this role, you will design, implement and monitor marketing strategies. The ideal candidate is experienced, with proven end-to-end project management as well as with best practices in performance marketing and paid advertising campaigns in a digital health environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of driving national campaigns to increase brand awareness and educate customers and partners regarding Phosphorus and its GeneCompass™genetic test: the first genetic test of its kind: an affordable, holistic test for health and wellness with medical grade accuracy.
You will translate business priorities into marketing strategies and tactics in conjunction with other teams to achieve broad financial and strategic goals. You will lead the development of a strategic marketing plan not only for GeneCompass but for all Phosphorus’ business lines. You will also help transform our GeneCompass marketing strategy into tools that we are able to productize and license to our institutional customers in our B2B2C business.
You will report to the CEO, and be key to ensuring that the Marketing department’s activities contribute to our company’s long-term success. You will be working cross-functionally with Commercial, Medical Affairs, Operations, Engineering, Client Services, and other teams.
- Create strategies to drive growth of Phosphorus’ products, increase brand awareness, and demonstrate the value of our products to target consumers
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and cohesive marketing plan including target customers, personas, positioning, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial team to align sales and marketing strategies
- Ensure that marketing complements and strengthens Phosphorus’ overall Go to Market strategy
- Direct leadership of 360 marketing campaigns, product launches, and seasonal activations at global scale essential while delivering against clear and measurable KPIs
- Build out the marketing function including growth, social media, community, branding, influencers, corporate communications, PR, and product marketing
- Use creative PR strategies to build relationships with stakeholders and the media
- Craft messaging and positioning in the market; conduct competitive and market analysis to determine and highlight Phosphorus’ key differentiators
- Oversee and set goals for internal team, both long and short-term
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly
- Analyze hiring needs and markets in order to identify opportunities for improvement
- Masters Degree in Marketing or related discipline; MBA preferred
- Proven leadership in a senior role such as Marketing Director, VP of Marketing, or similar
- 5 -10 years of marketing experience: experience in digital health at a high-growth tech startup preferred
- Self-starter who can develop, prioritize and manage complex strategies with minimal supervision, ultimately driving to measurable results
- Highly entrepreneurial and has built successful marketing initiatives from scratch across social media, community, and/or branding
- Metric driven with the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data
- Passionate about digital and non-digital advertising, data and analytics and partnering with sales teams to drive measurable results
- Strong project management skills, with ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects at once in a methodical and meticulous manner
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of email, internet, mobile and direct marketing methods
- Experience in the design and implementation of successful marketing campaign(s)
- Knowledge and proficiency in Hubspot, SEO, and web analytics