Noom Inc., a leader in behavior change, combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful health outcomes for our customers. Noom reaches millions of users worldwide and has been growing revenue 3x year-over-year. The marketing and international teams are at the forefront of this mission, tackling one of the hardest challenges in healthcare today: getting people worldwide to take that initial (and biggest!) step towards living a healthier lifestyle And this is where you come in!
About the job
Noom is looking for a Director of AU Marketing to raise the awareness and prestige of the Noom brand in the AU and NZ. You will be managing a multi-million dollar budget, as well as driving campaign strategies and execution in both earned and paid media. You will also act as a customer advocate, understanding key customer insights (wants, needs, behaviors, habits, etc.), and ensure all brand marketing efforts leverage them. Your KPIs will be Noom’s unaided brand awareness and positive brand perception, as well as earned media impressions and social media buzz.
- Develop the Annual marketing plan to grow awareness and consideration for the Noom brand, whilst achieving business targets including Sign-ups and Revenue targets in AU, and eventually NZ
- Develop and execute Omni-channel marketing plans in partnership with cross-functional internal resources and external agency partners
- Consistently ideate new ways to drive practical business growth, developing business cases to sell-them into the organization and tangibly execution them in-market
- Work closely with our consumer insights team to unearth new consumer insights and business opportunities to enable the above growth and business taregts
- Drive PR and earned media strategies, hiring/leveraging external agencies where needed (in collaboration with internal specialists and AU-based agencies)
- Develop and execute local Influencer Strategies (celebrities, micro-influencers, etc.), as well as other tactics for activating community of Noom fanatics, and increasing positive WOM (in collaboration with internal specialists and AU-based agencies)
- Develop and execute local Social Media strategies (channel definition, purpose, messaging strategy for each) which drive increased brand awareness of Noom brand (in collaboration with internal specialists and AU-based agencies)
- Collaborate with Product to drive updates and tests to the Noom site/home page to ensure consistent customer journey during campaign periods, as well as drive ongoing initiatives and tests that improve perception of Noom brand (e.g. adding testimonials micro-site) and drive increased membership
- Collaborate with performance growth marketing partners to ensure consistent brand positioning, and positive business impact
- Build and manage a team of contractors and internal and external agency resources to make sure campaigns and programs adhere to brand guidelines (messaging, experiences, imagery, and tone of voice), and are delivered on-strategy, on-time, and on-budget.
- Improve AU customer satisfaction and retention by understanding pain points and validating hypotheses through research and testing
- 7+ years of marketing leadership experience and experience working with leading AU consumer brands and marketing organizations
- Experience managing mass consumer brands with E-commerce know-how
- Ideally with experience in consumer technology, startups, subscription businesses models, international customer bases
- Experience managing a variety of marketing functions including PR/influencer (either in-house or through an agency)
- Fast learner with excellent problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Energetic, self-reflective, self-motivated personality and can operate independently
- Strong writing skills and creativity
- Humble, self-motivated team player willing to work extremely hard
- A collaborative, self-starter who relishes getting his/her hands dirty and knows how to drive projects from inception to execution
- Great at communicating & working with a high-performing cross-functional team