Nerd Street Gamers is a national network of esports facilities and events dedicated to powering competitive opportunities for gamers. The company promotes greater access to the esports industry, laying a national framework for esports talent development and high-quality gaming tournaments. NSG has received backing from Five Below, Comcast Spectacor, SeventySix Capital, Elevate Ventures, and angel investor George Miller
About the job
Nerd Street Gamers provides an opportunity for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports events, and they also are home to a community of like-minded amateur gamers. Our product offering includes facilities, event management, and broadcast production with an underlying software framework that ties it all together. In short, we’re helping to build the infrastructure of esports. And we’re looking for talented, high-energy team members who can collaborate in a professional-minded, high-paced environment.
This individual will be highly collaborative and solution-oriented, synthesizing insights from all departments to deliver marketing campaigns for sponsorships & partnerships that are globally scalable and on-brand for all involved parties. Critical thinking, collaboration and project management skills are integral to this position, as is a proven ability to think outside and box and inspire cross-functional teams to develop innovative solutions to unique business and brand challenges.
This role will be responsible for creating marketing strategies and campaigns for Nerd Street Gamers partnerships and sponsorships including but not limited to tournaments, broadcasts, facilities and activations. The individual will work closely with the Business Development team throughout the proposal process, and communicate Marketing needs for any given project to involved parties including Design, Communications, Social Media, Software, Events, and more.
- Analyze partner proposals and recommend unique, appropriate marketing approaches for each, aligning with partner goals and ensuring the Nerd Street and Localhost brands are best represented
- Act as marketing point of contact for partners and ensure partner questions regarding marketing are answered in a timely manner
- Understand partner goals (sales, impressions, etc) and strategize marketing efforts to successfully reach them
- Lead execution of marketing deliverables for any given project, communicating marketing needs from other involved departments
- Set achievable KPIs and goals with partners as it pertains to marketing efforts in partnerships
- Provide marketing results internally and externally throughout projects, as well as when a project is completed
- Create budgets for partnerships including but not limited to paid marketing efforts, creative deliverables such as video and other designs, physical signage, and more
- Ensure Nerd Street and/or Localhost brand exposure is being prioritized on through impressions, conversions, media, and other channels for each partnership/sponsorship
- 6+ years experience managing, developing and executing marketing campaigns
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Familiarity with esports industry and audiences
- Strong understanding of performance and operations management
- Familiarity with paid marketing channels including but not limited to Google Ads, Facebook Ads Platform, and AdRoll (or similar platforms)