Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with the easy route planner. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all. And we’re good at it! Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times – and with almost 20 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews – komoot is on the way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
About the job
With our natively integrated ad format called Sponsored Collections (https://bit.ly/3j9VJYX), we help partners from the tourism industry and outdoor sectors position their brands for the right target group. Germany, Austria and Switzerland are not just our core user market, these are also the markets where most of our b2b-partners come from. We want to build on this success, continue our growth and strengthen our brand in all segments of the tourism sector.
Therefore, we are looking for a Communications Manager who’ll lead our b2b communications strategy and own all segments of the b2b Communications and PR.
Ready for your next adventure?
- Develop a B2B Communications Strategy to position us as the go-to brand for advertisers who want to reach an active audience of hikers, cyclists and adventurers
- Drive brand awareness for our b2b products, mainly in the DACH tourism industry
- Reach decision makers and generate incoming leads in the tourism industry
- Team up with our B2C PR and Marketing Managers to align with our global brand and marketing initiatives
- You’ll have flexibility in your strategy and tactics with focus on B2B Content, Media, PR and Events
- Events: identify speaker opportunities, hold key notes at conferences, represent komoot at industry events
- Handle press communication with relevant tourism media
You will be successful in this position if (you)
- Have successfully developed B2B Communication strategies before
- Have 10+ years experience in Communications/PR/b2b Marketing
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Understand the tourism industry in DACH, a strong network is a plus
- Have experience in representing a company at events, delivering keynote speeches
- Have experience in PR and working with the specialised media in marketing and tourism in DACH
- Have experience in managing agency relationships
- Have experience in organising events
- Fluent in German and English
- Have a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
- Bonus: Online + Digital Knowledge