Hello Alice is leading a movement to connect small business owners and entrepreneurs to the resources they need to grow and scale their companies, regardless of industry, geography, capitalization, prior experience or cultural constraints. We’re a passionate team building a rapidly-growing, predictive technology that supports over 200,000 small business owners from all 50 states and beyond through our free digital platform, helloalice.com. Hello Alice serves all entrepreneurs, and we wholeheartedly believe that if New Majority business owners — women, people of color, those with military connection, the LGBTQ+ community, entrepreneurs with disabilities, founders from small towns, and immigrants — are provided better access to resources, they can change the world, positively impact our economy, and generate jobs for all. Hello Alice is a Series A backed company with solid financials and a notable list of investors.
Our committed Hello Alice team is growing quickly, and the Social Media Manager will be responsible for administering our social media accounts, engaging with small business owners across various external communities, and strengthening the Hello Alice brand through timely responses to digital conversations.
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all locations are considered. This position offers competitive salary, benefits and equity in a high-growth company.
About the job
As the Social Media Manager at Hello Alice, you’ll focus on creating original text and content, managing posts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and more) and responding to followers in a timely, thoughtful manner. You have a flair for words, fully embracing the Hello Alice brand voice that is authentic, clever, and fresh. As a social media manager, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, with a passion for staying connected online and an eye for opportunities to build awareness and support for our mission around entrepreneurship. You should be obsessive about proper grammar, be able to visually curate brand collateral, and be able to express our company’s views creatively. Ultimately, you should be able to handle our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement, keeping your finger on the pulse of social metrics, and working closely with the acquisition, brand and engagement teams. This is a great opportunity to strengthen your experience with a strong, emerging brand that is well positioned for market leadership.
- Work with designers and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor social media metrics and report learnings and insights back to the team
- Ensure brand consistency across all visuals and copy
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Develop out-of-the-box campaigns that position Hello Alice at the forefront of advocacy and support for small business owners
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Create an authentic, human experience within social networks
- Drive qualified traffic from social networks and online communities into helloalice.com
- Lead social media and promotional calendar
- Promote partner events and experiences in external online communities
- Build relationships and coordinate with online influencers for guests posts, social media takeovers, and Hello Alice feature opportunities
- 3-years of work experience as a social media manager
- Hands on experience in content management
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media best practice
- Demonstrated creative abilities, as shown through previous personal or work deliverables
- Experience building online followings and communities
- Strong understanding of online marketing funnels and associated metrics
Who We’re Looking For:
We love diversity, but these are some of the characteristics that thrive in this role.
- Self-Starter: We’re a fast-paced team that likes to think outside the box, so dig in to never-been-done-before projects, and figure out who can best help you execute.
- Data-Driven Problem Solver: Synthesize complex or diverse information, then use intuition and experience to design the right workflow and solution. You won’t always be right, but you’ll apply those learnings going forward.
- Default to Action: Time is of the essence as work to solve the barriers for our business owners, so our team prioritizes quick decisions based on sound judgment. It’s also how we learn quickly, gather the right information, and refine our solutions.
- Respect, Always: Building a business is an emotional experience, so it’s important to always respond promptly and kindly to our small business owners. Actively solicit owner feedback, and anticipate their needs by getting to know them and their communities. Internally, our team communicates often, respectfully challenges one another to build the best outcomes, and works as a collaborative team to leverage our unique strengths.
- Professional, but Human: Write clearly and informatively, edit always for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively, and show up on time, with a prepared agenda. Lead the team, no matter your position, and exemplify the hard work and grit exhibited by the small business community we support. We’re also human, so we believe in enjoying the journey and keeping it fun. There’s always a place for kind-hearted humor and witty observations.
- Creative Planning: Develop workable implementation plans that leverage the wealth of resources available to our team. Create actionable, detailed road maps that elevate Hello Alice and push the boundaries of what we are capable of accomplishing both as a business and for the owners we support.
- Be Scrappy: We operate with an entrepreneurial mindset, testing and iterating, and starting with small budgets to prove our theories. Every team member contributes to profits and revenue, and is responsible for optimizing organizational resources, whether it’s time, money, or energy. We love to do a lot with a little, but aren’t afraid to invest when an idea shows traction.