About the job
This role will work closely with the CEO and CMO to execute their vision/ideas into actionable and strategic content planning. This role will also have a high level of autonomy and creative freedom to develop digital marketing strategy across multiple platforms now and into the future.
This role is responsible for telling the story of our work with the next generation of social entrepreneurs and diverse founders as well as with some of the world’s leading brands. As the Marketing Manager, you will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, PR agency, and program managers to create and implement innovative marketing strategies including social media, email, blog, events, partnership marketing, photography, videography, etc. Your responsibilities will include ensuring the strategy is executed across both the Tech Founders and Tech Training divisions as well as measuring marketing and communications activities for strategy modifications and future enhancement.
- Help with the creation of a strategy to tell the story of our work
- Execute strategy across LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and Facebook and manage engagement while considering emerging / future platforms like Clubhouse
- Create and release posts/blog releases (writing, photos, video, etc..) with the help of the communications team
- Create and release emails to our mailing list
- Try new and creative ideas for engagement! Our team will encourage trial and error methods – it’s the startup way!
- Help as needed with Goodie Nation events.
- Strong interest in the discourse around innovation, entrepreneurship, and social impact
- Familiarity with the tech, startup and small business community.
- High ambition, organization and self-direction coupled with the ability to get stuff done
- 2-4 years marketing experience in developing content for digital communications channels, including web sites, email campaigns, and the social media platforms LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Experience with digital marketing tools such as Hootsuite and analytic platforms, Mailchimp, and blogging platforms like WordPress, etc. Design skills are a plus, and familiarity with Canva is preferred.
- Comfortability w/a variety of responsibilities, and minimal amount of direction, but high expectations
- Ability to react positively and quickly to last minute changes
- Trustworthiness with the understanding the importance of sensitivity and confidentiality
- Exceptional communication skills; ego-less and willing to pitch in wherever necessary
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Self-accountability and the ability to hold others accountable
- A drive to get better every single day combined with the discipline to execute our proven Process of creating impact.
- Tenacity and enthusiasm about the Goodie Nation organization