Geek Powered Studios is a small but scrappy internet marketing agency founded in 2009 in south Austin. We do comprehensive internet marketing including SEO, PPC, Facebook ads, website design, and E-commerce for both SMB and enterprise clients. We love what we do and we care about our clients. We fight tooth and nail to get results for each of them. As a team we tackle major campaigns and ever-evolving challenges in the digital marketing industry.
As Geeks, we place a lot of importance on doing things the right way – not the easy way, and we have built a strong reputation as a leader in the internet marketing world. In fact, we are a 2014 Torch Award winner, and award given by the BBB of Central Texas to businesses who exemplify marketplace ethics. We are known particularly for working only with one client per industry, per region, and defeating clients of much larger agencies in the search rankings. Geek Powered Studios has been featured in a wide variety of publications including Mashable, American Express Open Forum, and Tech Cocktail. We’ve also been recognized as one of Austin’s 50 fastest growing companies.
About the job
Geek Powered Studios is searching for a Paid Media Specialist. This position is responsible for overseeing paid media strategy and execution for all of our clients. Your role will include developing and implementing strategies, researching, analyzing and optimizing client campaigns while measuring and reporting on all KPIs.
If you have a passion for digital marketing and want to join a team that’s on the cutting-edge of the industry, this could be the place for you… submit your resume today!
- Plan, develop, and execute paid search strategies and campaigns for lead generation and commerce clients across multiple platforms such as Google, Bing, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- Own the numbers – you’ll manage campaign budgets on a daily basis and be responsible for CPA, conversion rate, and ROAS.
- Create and execute successful keyword management, creative testing, and bidding strategies on PPC search engines to effectively achieve customer acquisition goals.
- Create and implement campaign A/B test experiments to identify optimal campaign settings.
- Create and manage campaigns via continuous maintenance of the Alpha Beta campaign structure.
- Provide campaign insights through keyword and competitor research, keyword testing, and negative keyword management.
- Write compelling ad copy for paid media campaigns.
- Maintain alignment and optimization between keywords, page content, and ad copy.
- Create ads and audiences bases on funnel segmentation.
- Set up and organize tracking links for paid social campaigns.
- Utilize best practices to manage campaign strategies, structure, and reporting.
- Provide thought leadership and competitive strategies to find market gaps for increased campaign success across multiple clients.
- Utilize reporting tools i.e. Google Analytics, Ads Manager to develop insights and action items to achieve clients’ goals.
- Conduct detailed SEM Audits for campaign research.
- Coordinate forecasts and budgeting with other members of the paid team.
- Stay informed with PPC and Paid Social industry best practices, new trends and technologies, and platform updates, ensuring that these practices are adopted.
- 2+ years Search Engine Marketing experience in an agency setting
- 2+ years Facebook experience – other social media platforms a plus
- 1+ years of Google Shopping experience a plus
- Thorough knowledge of Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Google Tag Manager
- Proficiency at conversion tracking and pixel placement
- Excellent Ad copy writing skills
- Attribution Modeling knowledge is a plus
- Strong client communication skills are a plus
- Shopify experience is a big plus
- Proven track record of growing and retaining paid media accounts
- Working knowledge of paid social capabilities and best practices
- Proficient in managing Google Merchant feeds
- Deep understanding of and proven track record of success with large scale paid search programs
- Strong research capabilities
- Solid knowledge of current and emerging SEM trends and technologies
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and high attention to detail
- High level of independence and efficiency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities in a client-facing role
- Excellent attention to detail, including adhering to brand guidelines in all marketing communications
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels of the business and to various stakeholder groups, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to successfully work remotely
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee without sponsorship; must be US-based
- NOTE: You must submit a cover letter. We read them, we promise.