Geek Powered Studios is a small but scrappy internet marketing agency founded in 2009 in south Austin. We do comprehensive internet marketing including SEO, PPC, Facebook ads, website design, and E-commerce for both SMB and enterprise clients. We love what we do and we care about our clients. We fight tooth and nail to get results for each of them. As a team we tackle major campaigns and ever-evolving challenges in the digital marketing industry.
As Geeks, we place a lot of importance on doing things the right way – not the easy way, and we have built a strong reputation as a leader in the internet marketing world. In fact, we are a 2014 Torch Award winner, and award given by the BBB of Central Texas to businesses who exemplify marketplace ethics. We are known particularly for working only with one client per industry, per region, and defeating clients of much larger agencies in the search rankings. Geek Powered Studios has been featured in a wide variety of publications including Mashable, American Express Open Forum, and Tech Cocktail. We’ve also been recognized as one of Austin’s 50 fastest growing companies.
About the job
Geek Powered Studios, an Austin, TX based company is searching for a Digital Marketing Specialist. In this role, you will utilize a combination of paid, owned, and earned media strategies to create and manage high impact campaigns for our clients. You will need to be able to think both creatively and analytically – our ideal candidate is both a technician and a storyteller who is passionate about blending all aspects of digital marketing into a cohesive strategy that get results for our clients.
We are looking for a well-rounded candidate who is skilled in Email marketing, Content Strategy, and Technical SEO in lead generation and ecommerce environments. We don’t believe in ‘that’s not my job’ or waiting to be told what to do. If you are a proactive and flexible team player who is willing to roll up your sleeves and wear multiple hats to get the job done, we want to talk to you.
- Design and launch email marketing campaigns that generate online sales, website traffic, customer engagement, email list growth, and support the customer life cycle.
- Strategize, build, and implement new email templates, and flows, blueprints, automated campaigns including behavior-based triggers, and transactional trigger programs
- Utilize chatbot marketing, SMS marketing, blogs, newsletters and other pieces of copy/content to promote brands, products, and services for a variety of audiences.
- Implement analytics best practices to capture data (integrations, link tracking, third party tools, email triggers, etc).
- Measure, optimize, and analyze data to predict customer engagement, retention, and continuously optimize email campaigns, website content, and landing pages.
- Report metrics and provide detailed weekly and monthly reporting of email KPIs, campaign summaries, and analyses of A/B test cases to drive ongoing improvement and optimization.
- Manage customer segmentation and contact strategies to drive increased traffic, revenue and retention.
- Collaborate with designers to establish and uphold branding, tone, and voice for email campaigns, landing pages, and website content.
- Develop marketing calendar that supports overall client strategy.
- Research industries, personas, and topics to develop content strategies for our clients including but not limited to, social media, email marketing, advertising and blogs.
- Understand how all digital channels work together and make recommendations on how to use content to drive conversion-based results.
- Create and oversee implementation of key content strategies, including large scale technical SEO, content organization, optimizing on-page site elements and keyword research.
- Utilize SEO technical expertise to perform full site audits and analysis (technical, analytics, content, social, etc.), site and landing page launches, perform full keyword research and develop related strategies. Determine KPIs for each recommendation.
- Facilitate A/B testing campaigns and set up attribution.
- Manage Google Tag Manager tags and Google Remarketing campaigns.
- Keep an active pulse on digital trends and tactics to create both short and long-term strategies that encourage client retention alongside immediate goal accomplishments.
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Digital Media, or related position – OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in an Agency setting.
- Experience with major email marketing service providers such as Klaviyo, Mailchimp, etc.
- Strong skills working with ecommerce and content management platforms including Shopify and WordPress.
- Strong knowledge of email best practices , efficiencies, compliance regulations, industry standard KPIs.
- Working knowledge of UX design principles.
- Experience with SMS platforms (i.e. postscript.io).
- Experience with chatbot implementation and best practices. (i.e. Manychat).
- Familiarity with third-party email capturing tools (i.e. Privy.)
- Strong knowledge of analytics platforms including Google Analytics.
- Hands on experience with and technical knowledge of SEO and SEM/SMM strategies/tactics.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, and other common languages used for building and optimizing websites.
- Exceptional copywriting skills.
- Some experience in creating creative assets.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, including adhering to brand guidelines in all marketing communications.
- Highly analytical and organized – from planning and setting deadlines, through to execution and lessons learned.
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels of the business and to various stakeholder groups, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee without sponsorship.