Formulatedby’s flagship community is the Data Science Salon, which is also a virtual conference series with workshops for senior executives, data scientists, developers, analysts, and other technical industry professionals. We have ambitious growth plans, and we are now expanding our team to realize that growth, specifically with the help of a Social Media Manager. If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media, community management and promotional events, we would like to meet you.
About the job
The Social Media Manager will be a key member of the Marketing team and will play a crucial role in community expansion. This position will also support the Director of Marketing Operations to help generate quality content and outstanding support for events. This is a remote position, but some travel may be required.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
- Community engagement through social media channels, as measured by: retweets, mentions, reach.
- Drive ticket sales to events, as measured by traffic driven to website
- Update and keep current all speaker social cards, and social content for DSS, FB, and our client events
- Increased social media coverage leading up to events.
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Collaborate with our Graphics team to Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Manage and update all Data Science Salon and Formulatedby and Client Social Media Channels (approx 1-3 posts a day)
- Engage with the DSS Community during Virtual/Live events
- Manage the DSS/Formultedby Content Marketing Calendar
- Review content pieces from content writers.
- Assist in monthly marketing reporting including database metrics, social media, email engagement, etc.
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with ongoing marketing strategies
- Ensure brand consistency across all digital channels
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends (machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence).
- Collaboration and communication with volunteers, assist in sourcing volunteers for virtual and live events
- Keep track of the mentions for DSS, FB and our clients
- DSSPlay & DSS Live
- A critical thinker with high-energy and a can-do attitude
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field or equivalent experience a plus
- Experience with HubSpot a plus
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating a digital event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at
- digital events)
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Affinity and / or experience with the data science industry a definite plus
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience
- Strong written and oral skills
- Accessible via web-meetings during working hours.
- WIFI access during working hours.