About the job
An innovative alcohol & lifestyle brand is looking for a talented individual who can serve as a full time, remote Creative Social Media Manager – helping to develop the look, feel, tone, and – most importantly – purpose of their various social media channels. We are looking to establish how their brand shows up on social media. What are they saying, and why are people coming to their channels? How can they better engage their fanbase with organic content, and expand their reach? A successful candidate should be able to come up with purposeful ideas for posts, create or oversee the creation of those assets, write copy for posting, develop and manage a posting schedule, and interact with fans (and potential fans) as well as like-minded brands online.
You do not necessarily need to be a creator yourself for this role, but you should be fluent in creative, and have the ability to oversee and manage production workflow of other creators, if you’re not making assets yourself. For now, the brand is most active on Instagram, but there are plans to expand to platforms such as Pinterest and TikTok in the next 6-12 months. Ideal candidates should have their finger on the pulse of what’s relevant on those platforms, particularly for this target audience.
● Anyone (ages 21+) is welcome to apply, but below are the qualities of an ideal candidate for this position:
○ At least 1-2 years of social media creation or management experience
○ This person must have their finger on the pulse of culture and be ten steps ahead of the coolest stuff happening in the world right now – art, music, fashion, mixology, culinary, celebrity, events & parties etc.
○ Well versed in the nuances of different social media platforms & posting types (most specifically Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok)
○ Comfortable in and around creative; either as a creator of content yourself, or in overseeing a content creation process
○ Strong writing abilities, both in writing compelling post copy, but also in
interacting in a sociable (but still professional) way
○ Great organization and time management skills, with the ability to develop and stick to a consistent posting schedule
○ Based in the United States (this is a remote position, but limited to US only)
○ Videography, photography or design background a plus, but not required
○ Spanish language abilities a plus, but not required