Food Revolution Network (FRN) is committed to healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all. With more than 750,000 members, FRN provides online-based education and advocacy with the goal of transforming food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet.
About the job
FRN is looking for a Head of Marketing (HoM) that drives the growth, scaling, and marketing execution for FRN in pursuit of our mission for healthy, ethical, sustainable food for all.
The HoM works strategically within FRN’s Leadership Team to pursue sustainable and reliable growth for the organization via advertising, social media, content marketing, marketing funnels, email marketing, partnerships, and product development.
The HoM delivers results via successful marketing execution that helps to drive profitability, including paid channels, marketing funnel development, conversion rate optimization, business success metrics, and related workflows.
The HoM will develop and lead a diverse marketing team of copywriters, designers, media buyers, developers, business analysts, and managers while working cross-functionally to nurture a sustainable, positive, and high-performance work culture.
Collaborate with the Chief Strategy Officer to develop, implement, and successfully execute a rapid growth roadmap.
- Collaborate with the CEO, CSO, and Leadership Team to map out OKRs (objectives and key results) and KPIs (key performance indicators) that are in alignment with organizational values while considering constraints, resources, and unique positioning.
- Drive the creation of clearly defined performance benchmarks and create strong and proactive feedback loops to measure success and recalibrate goals as needed.
- Understand relevant market segments and the opportunities they represent.
- Develop comprehensive marketing plans that provide clarity and confidence.
- Communicate plans and results in a way that generates enthusiasm and growth.
- Maintain perspective of the marketplace landscape, driving awareness of and response to opportunities and threats.
Advertising & PR
Plan, develop, and execute profitable advertising campaigns across multiple platforms, channels, and media.
- Establish and improve systems, workflows, and SOPs (standard operating procedures) for optimal budgeting, advertising performance, seamless capacity scaling, and team growth.
- Constantly iterate and improve advertising effectiveness through testing, evaluation, and technology integration.
- Collaborate with media buyers to review pipelines, resolve challenges, and present possible solutions.
- Manage any PR initiatives, including press releases, brand strategy, campaign strategy, etc., as needed.
Build, modify, test, and otherwise manage marketing and sales funnels that convert both cold and warm audiences for our various FRN offerings.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer journeys, product offerings, and marketing technology to improve overall performance.
- Hold responsibility for the overall performance of marketing funnels.
- Build, develop, and scale a marketing team capable of building and optimizing effective funnels for all priority initiatives.
- Optimize customer acquisition, customer retention, average order value, and lifetime lead value at each stage of the marketing funnel lifecycle.
Metrics & Analytics
Collaborate with internal and external personnel to develop focused and highly effective metrics and analytics reporting systems and dashboards for rapid decision making and strategy execution.
- Develop and improve tracking and reporting on marketing performance metrics.
- Develop OKRs for effective media buying, including specific KPIs to assess the successful scaling of paid advertising campaigns.
- Review incoming data to refine and drive marketing plan adjustments.
Customer Value Optimization
Develop and implement systems and campaigns to maximize long-term customer relationships and value.
- Develop methodologies for surveying our customers in order to maintain up-to-date knowledge of our customer avatars, segments, interests, and trends – and to measure results and gather testimonials.
- Build back-end campaigns and strategies for maximizing the value of our customers over time (knowing that customer satisfaction has a key role in increasing LTV).
- Work cross-functionally with the FRN team to develop email and SMS marketing campaigns that leverage segmentation to deliver targeted offers and messages.
- Coordinate with product development/leadership to deliver products/services our customers will want to purchase.
Manage and collaborate with Partnerships Manager and Affiliate Manager to identify, evaluate, and develop robust, mutually beneficial partnerships and joint ventures to increase overall impact and brand awareness.
- Support and collaborate with existing Partnerships Group team members to build upon existing partnerships and to establish new strategic relationships.
- Work with Partnerships Manager to drive a robust partnerships initiative that includes bulk licensing offers and deals to expand revenues and help FRN’s work reach more people.
- Support and oversee the growth and development of the FRN affiliate program, including expanding on outbound affiliate revenues from external promotions, and building inbound promotion to support list growth and expand the reach of FRN’s programs.
- Collaborate with team members to evaluate and assess fit for existing and new partnership initiatives.
Reporting & Budgeting
Identify short-term and long-term budget and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, profit/loss projections, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations.
- Develop and report on, with action recommendations, meaningful and relevant OKRs and KPIs.
- Ensure visibility of essential KPIs to key stakeholders.
- Work closely with data/analytics team members and vendors to ensure the data is relevant, useful, and actionable.
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, best practice modeling, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for the marketing team.
- Collaborate with business leadership to create dashboards that deliver relevant and useful marketing data.
Team Growth & Management
Manage, lead, train, and develop a powerhouse Marketing Team, identifying revenue-generative opportunities for team member expansion, and nurturing the development and performance of each team member.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, train, coach, guide, and help develop diverse and effective Marketing Team personnel, including full-time and part-time employees, and contractors.
- Champion project management, productivity, communication, and accountability skills development in team members.
- Oversee the regular revision of training documents and SOPs (standard operating procedures) to capture the knowledge requirements of team members.
Support the success of the entire organization by serving as a member of the FRN Leadership Team.
- Participate in leadership meetings and training.
- Work with the Leadership Team to sharpen strategy and steward implementation of that strategy so FRN can create sustainable and scalable growth, recurring revenue, and improve and develop products and resources to advance FRN’s mission and success.
- Expand FRN’s and CEO’s authority and visibility.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to maintain and improve a friendly, sustainable, diverse, collaborative, equitable, inclusive, and efficient team culture.
- Maintain the Marketing Team budget.
- 8+ years experience running high-performance marketing teams (including a proven track record of success with paid customer acquisition at scale).
- 8+ years experience with recruiting, training, and developing high-performance leaders within marketing teams.
- Has profitably managed ad budgets of $100k+ per month.
- Has built multiple sales/marketing funnels that converted cold audiences at break-even or better, at scale.