- Report into our VP of Marketing/Audience Development and be accountable for the success of our Search product by achieving excellence in SEO best practices.
- Leverage your management skills to develop and communicate a winning strategy to grow traffic and revenue.
- Work cross-functionally with our Editorial, Tech, Ad Ops, Executive and Finance teams to make data-compelled decisions that increase traffic to our site.
- Deliver roadmaps for our major technology platforms and company projects. Establish resources needed to execute our plans. Monitors projects from beginning to completion.
- Act as our day-to-day in-house Search expert and monitor all SEO health metrics including keyword searches, user intent, crawlability, mobile-friendly, page speed, indexation, etc.
- Constantly staying abreast of new SEO technologies, concepts and best practices. Own the technical implementation and optimization of our tools so they are leveraged to the fullest and create necessary requirements.
- Build advanced diagnostics and data that can provide real-time intelligence on performance, ranking changes, opportunities and site performance.
- Remove negative SEO drivers by monitoring the site for potential risks and own the process that eliminates other sites stealing our content.
- Understand Google Search, Discover and News channels by staying abreast to changes and upcoming risks like core updates or site changes.
- Work closely with the Editorial SEO Manager to find opportunities and resolve issues.
- Be located in the United States. Preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: AL, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, or WV. However, we may not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere in the United States.
- 3+ years of SEO or Product Management experience.
- 3+ years’ experience at growth stage businesses or scaled e-commerce companies.
- Firm grasp of SEO principles, strategies, and implementations.
- Proficiency with standard SEO tools such as SEMRush, ahrefs, Moz, Google Webmaster Tools and Search Console.
- Experience evaluating log files for crawl data using Screaming Frog or similar tool.
- Strong diagnostic and prioritization skills.
- Mastery of technical-SEO fundamentals (page markup & schemas, URL structures, site crawl performance, server vs. client-side rendering, caching & CDNs, etc).
- Extremely self-motivated, self-disciplined, and comfortable taking ownership of projects.
- Works collaboratively and communicates professionally with the team in a 100% remote environment.
- Bonus points: UX, analytical and creative
Thank you for subscribing!