Empowered Education is the parent company of Health Coach Institute and Functional Nutrition Alliance—the leading online schools for health coaches and wellness practitioners. Empowered Education is a company built on a metrics-driven remote workforce platform with 200+ employees throughout the US and the globe.
About the job
We are seeking a Content Editorial Manager to join our team. You will manage all editorial and content strategy and execution for a fast-growing nutrition and wellness education platform. To be successful in this position, you will be a self-starter and strategic thinker, extremely self-sufficient and detail-oriented, and capable of conceiving brilliant, creative content ideas.
- Brainstorm strategy and creative ideas for stories, including various formats and topics that will perform via SEO, email marketing, and social media
- Assign stories and manage freelance writers
- Be able to write your own stories and articles from Keri’s perspective that explain nutrition science and communicate both her health and business philosophies
- Produce and understand basic Google Analytics reports to measure the success of the content and steer future editorial strategy
- Create, edit and load into CRM 3-4 email newsletters per week, with compelling subject lines, heds, and deks
- Perform basic newsletter analysis to measure the success of the content and steer future newsletter, marketing, and editorial strategy
- Collaborate, initiate and execute content partnerships to increase overall readership, content distribution, and lead generation, while also collaborating on social media campaigns/strategies to push out content
- Perform basic audience development tasks and collaborate with audience development experts as needed
- Understand marketing funnels and how organic content needs to generate qualified leads
- Ability to work full-time Eastern Time hours.
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, or equivalent
- 3+ years as an editor at a lifestyle publication, ideally in the digital space, ideally in health/wellness/nutrition
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with impeccable grammar, punctuation, and attention to detail.
- Extremely solid organizational skills and the ability to multitask and manage many moving parts, while also offering creative ideas and strategic thinking while also having the ability to be flexible, nimble, and work efficiently both on your own and collaboratively as a team player.
- Basic knowledge of nutrition and health science, including the ability to read research studies and simplify science into a consumer-friendly format while also keeping up with what’s trending, conversations happening around nutrition, fitness, mental health, self-care, etc.
- Interest in audience development, ideally knowledge of email marketing best practices, social media strategies, online partnerships, sweeps marketing, and SEO strategies.