Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company’s security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers. A clean SOC 2 report proves to our customers that we do the things we say we do when it comes to protecting their data. We all want to provide our customers with that verified proof, but as SaaS veterans ourselves, we’ve felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company.
Despite its vital importance, the act of engaging in compliance activities is hated by virtually all those who participate! It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process – and it only grows more complex and expensive over time. Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way – with automation!
About the job
Drata is looking for an experienced, B2B Product Marketing Director to join the team. This person will be a key, cross-functional leader within the company and should have experience leading market positioning, go-to-market strategy, and sales enablement for SaaS solutions. We’re looking for someone who will bring a customer perspective to all company programs and initiatives and be able to expertly communicate across Drata’s business and technical teams. We pride ourselves on doing more with less, and will look for someone to match (or better yet, exceed) our ability to operate and execute swiftly in the weeds while also zooming out to plan long-term strategy.
If you’re looking to roll up your sleeves, make an immediate impact, and be a high-visibility contributor within the organization, this role might be for you.
- Collaborate across business functions to lead go-to-market strategy for Drata’s product portfolio, including new product launches and key feature rollouts
- Serve as the company’s market research lead. Own competitive intelligence, industry trends, and overall product positioning
- Develop market segmentation, customer personas, and key product messaging
- Build out upstream marketing processes and analyze/synthesize customer feedback for integration into company’s overarching product strategy and roadmap
- Develop a comprehensive set of enablement tools and collateral for sales and customer success. Provide training to customer-facing side of the company in order to ensure proper utilization of materials and messaging consistency
- Continuously experiment and iterate to increase product adoption and understand voice of the customer
- Minimum of 6+ years of product marketing experience
- Experience developing and implementing go-to-market strategy for B2B SaaS products
- Sharp market research capabilities with an ability to effectively gather, analyze, and disseminate key information and recommendations across an organization
- Top-notch communicator and writer with a penchant for translating technical content into customer-focused materials
- Must be a self-starter who excels at multitasking and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and shift workload to meet swift deadlines
- Held positions in fast-growing, well-funded startups
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry