About the job
As Director, Ecommerce Strategy and Advertising you will lead a team of Advertising Customer Success Managers and Specialists to manage and optimize eCommerce advertising spend for our top tier clients. This role will report directly to our Vice President of Customer Success and will have the opportunity to partner with brands to help them win on Amazon and other retailers. This will be a player-coach role. In addition to leading a highly talented team, you will directly own engagement for a small set of clients.
- Lead a team of Advertising Managers and serve as a subject matter expert on all aspects of eCommerce advertising across channels such as Amazon, Walmart, Instacart, Kroger, Target, Costco.
- Hire and develop a high performing team of Advertising CS Managers and Specialists in our rapidly growing organization
- End to end ownership of managing client’s advertising budget and driving success.
- Understand customer needs in order to plan, organize, and manage all phases of a joint success plan, then focus on how we use our product to help customers meet those needs.
- Bring strong subject matter expertise in eCommerce advertising, strategic dimensions of maximizing customer success, and tactical knowledge of driving incremental returns for the customer through advertising.
- Be an expert on the CommerceIQ platform and act as a vital resource for helping with training, questions, and troubleshooting customer issues.
- Move the needle with respect to the client’s KPIs and continuously showcase the value of CommerceIQ’s platform throughout the engagement period.
- Collaboratively work with other internal organizations, especially marketing and product management, to achieve a common goal – bringing focused and prioritized feedback from the field to help shape strategy and business practices.
- 8+ total years of professional work experience
- 6+ years experience in running enterprise-level media and digital advertising engagements with customers, in a consulting/agency role
- Experience managing eCommerce advertising budgets, specifically on Amazon (Experience with Walmart, Kroger, Instacart, Target, Costco is good to have) at well-respected agencies/ technology companies.
- 3+ years of people and team management experience
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Amazon search (AMS) and display (DSP) marketing budgets. As well as bid and budget management, content optimization, and promotion planning.
- An analytical approach to problem-solving with advanced Excel skills.
- Project management experience and ability to anticipate and mitigate risks.
- Proven Experience in working with VP, SVP, and C-level executives of enterprise-level companies.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including both oral and written.