Dia & Co is a leading retail experience for women, sizes 10 and up. We’re expanding our talented team and are looking for passionate, smart and multi-talented go-getters to join us. Our business meets a profound need and we’re on a mission to fundamentally transform the way women experience apparel commerce.
About the job
As the SEO Manager, you’ll be responsible for growing organic traffic to Dia.com and building Dia & Co’s domain authority, with the ultimate goal of positioning Dia & Co as the destination for inclusive fashion and growing sales through organic search.
You will develop and implement a scalable strategy to significantly improve growth performance through unpaid search by continually analyzing search behaviors, developing robust technical and content roadmaps for our team, and collaborating with partners to execute high-quality content production, technical updates and product optimizations.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical, action-oriented and rigorous growth thinker, and knowledgeable search engine optimizer. They are a thoughtful business partner, with strong communication and collaboration skills enabling them to effectively partner cross-functionally with Ecommerce, Product Management & Engineering, Performance Marketing and Content/Editorial Marketing team members.
- Drive organic growth for Dia.com by growing traffic to our site and, in particular our ecommerce catalog, and increasing #1 rankings for key fashion terms.
- Build a targeted keyword and link-building strategy to guide the efforts of the editorial and content development teams. Build programs to create and deploy search-focused content in a scalable way.
- Own reporting on organic search performance and changes in rankings. Leverage all available data to define and analyze SEO KPIs and opportunities, quantify progress and monitor market trends.
- Conduct in-depth SEO website audits, and direct and implement on-page and technical optimizations with Product Management and Engineering teams. Efforts to span page structure, code, title tags, keywords, image labels, link building, etc.
- Conduct testing in UX design, page layout, catalog data, photo/video and copy to proactively increase exposure and improve positioning in SERP.
- Combine an understanding of merchandising goals, branded content opportunities and search engine crawling and indexing behavior to help inform site merchandising, creative and editorial decisions.
- Work with cross-functional teams to support and launch new collections, business lines and other content initiatives, managing performance against growth goals for organic traffic and conversions.
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing trends and best practices. Communicate to stakeholders market trends and benchmarks, and changes to the SERP and organic algorithms to ensure our SEO strategy remains dynamic and relevant.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5-7 years of experience in DTC ecommerce or website growth strategy, organic search engine optimization (SEO) strategy, and content development
- Experience optimizing SEO within Shopify storefronts is preferred
- Experience with high SKU count catalogs and/or subscription ecommerce experience is also preferred
- Experience creating and executing SEO strategy considering all technical, user experience and content opportunities
- Proficiency in using SEO tools such as SEMRush, Moz, etc.
- Proficiency in web analytics and performance measurement. Comfortable using Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Heap, BI dashboards and Excel.
- Basic SQL experience preferred
- Tracking pixel implementation & management experience preferred
- Familiarity with the basic principles and best practices of paid search and how it interacts with SEO.
- Experience A/B testing regularly using tools such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, etc.
- Ability to influence stakeholders, prioritize, sequence, execute projects on time, and represent a team internally and externally
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve problems independently and with an innovative approach
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Collaborative work style