About the job
ConvertKit is a delightful email marketing SaaS platform that helps creators grow their audience, connect with their true fans, and earn a living online. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re looking for an experienced Affiliate Marketing Manager to join our Growth team and lead affiliate partnership, brand ambassador, and influencer initiatives as we scale from $28M ARR to $100M ARR. Your primary objectives will be to drive new revenue growth, maintain current affiliate relationships, and create new affiliate partnerships through inbound and outbound recruiting activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has extensive experience managing large affiliate programs that require both one-to-one and one-to-many approaches. You should be comfortable leading strategic partnership conversations, know how to work with large data sets, and have extensive experience with recruiting and onboarding new affiliate partners.
- Define the strategy, vision, and roadmap for our affiliate marketing and influencer marketing channels to help drive our overarching growth goals
- Hit monthly/quarterly/yearly growth targets as measured by new affiliate referred accounts, new MRR, and activating recruited affiliates
New affiliate recruiting
- Design, launch, and run a repeatable system for recruiting new, highly influential affiliate partners and influencers
- Manage the systems we use to attract and onboard hundreds of beginner affiliates joining our affiliate program every week
- Build relationships with our top affiliates and help them improve their performance over time by testing customized offerings
- Create and manage on-going and one-off campaigns to activate more affiliate partners
Channel management & reporting
- Hit and maintain LTV/CAC goals, owning and optimizing your monthly marketing budget to maximize this metric.
- Produce monthly reports that show the breakdown of our affiliate initiatives and the impact they are having
- Regularly audit affiliate partners to make sure campaign promotions are appropriate, accurate, and reflect ConvertKit’s guidelines.
- At least three years in a similar role overseeing affiliate marketing programs generating more than $1M in annual revenue
- We have a freemium business model that generates recurring revenue from creators that upgrade to one of our premium plans or by earning processing fees when they sell digital products using our Commerce tool. Having experience marketing SaaS and/or payment processing tools is a major plus.
- Experience working with online creators a major plus
- Strong ability to build rapport with people and negotiate profitable partnerships
- Proven track record of growing revenue through the optimization of affiliate and influencer marketing channels with tired incentive structures
- Experience with affiliate platforms like Impact Radius / Commission Junction / Rakuten / etc.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and ability to translate metrics into actionable insights
- Knowledge of payment models: CPL, CPC, CAC, and analytical skills to calculate those figures.
- Ability to bring the mindset of a creator (who ConvertKit serves) into your decision-making process
- Exceptional visual, written, spoken communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and flexible environment with a high degree of autonomy
- An operator mindset – understands the most important metrics and how to produce measurable results
- Comfortable working in a 100% remote environment
- Have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values