Compassion International is a Christian child development ministry aimed at releasing children from spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty in Jesus’ name. We are church-based: Compassion believes the Church is God’s chosen instrument to bring hope to a hurting world. We believe the strategic placement of local churches makes them best suited to address the holistic needs of the children in their communities. And only they can effectively deliver the Jesus-based teaching and whole-life care that children in poverty deserve. Compassion partners with nearly 7,000 churches in 25 countries around the world to deliver our holistic child development program.
About the job
As the Senior Manager of Social Media, you will lead the Social Media aspects of the Digital Experience function to develop, direct, and implement Compassion’s digital experience strategy. You will act as the guide of social media strategy, execution and analytics to create best-in-class digital experiences. The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership to all aspects of content creation, posting, messaging, scheduling and analysis on Compassion’s social platforms. This person will also manage a team of staff across multiple projects while taking responsibility for strategy, execution, platform collaboration and social consultation with internal partners.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Act as an advocate for children. Understand and advance Christ’s mandate to protect children. Take active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Provide leadership and development to direct reports. Work with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with compassion’s strategies and objectives. Consult with peer management and senior leaders to successfully align departmental resources and priorities across Compassion.
- Contribute to or prepares and administer the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Work through subordinate managers and/or professionals, lead Compassion’s digital marketing strategy, proactively advancing the experience, acquisition, retention, and revenue objectives related to Compassion’s digital platforms and initiatives.
- Lead the department to monitor trends in tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy to adapt for growth and change accordingly. Guide strategy and management of a complex digital marketing funnel, identifying appropriate digital entry points that expands the reach of Compassion content, attracting and retaining visitors to the website, generating leads and nurturing them to become supporters, and/or moving current supporters to higher levels of engagement. Ensures strategy alignment for all requests for content or promotion on Compassion digital channels (.com, mobile, social media, and other digital solutions).
- Lead collaboration with marketing departments of Compassion USA, Global Marketing and Global Partners. Through subordinate managers and/or professionals, ensures strategy that supports both Compassion USA Marketing and global partner goals. Partner at a high level with leaders of Supporter Experience, Content, and Campaign Management to drive partnerships and strategies for increasing acquisition, fundraising, retention, engagement, advocacy, and brand awareness through digital channels.
- Lead the development of all digital contract agreements, goal setting, and achieving return on Compassion’s investment goals in this space. Working through subordinates, ensure strategy alignment and prospecting efforts for digital experience.
- Provide direction to a large volume of high-impact digital partnerships that enable Compassion to maximize all possible opportunities. Further, develops and implements strategic plans to ensure long term retention and growth by maximizing the engagement of sponsors/donors and activities.
- Provide leadership and direction of web usability, style, and information architecture standards, ensuring conversion rate optimization and user goal success. Working through subordinate managers, leads measurement and testing tools and frameworks as well as user feedback to drive continuous improvement. Drive innovative digital experiences through relevant emerging technologies and campaign user journey integration with other digital channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree Business, Marketing, or related discipline.
- Relevant work experience required to enable the individual to be able to successfully perform the job as listed.
- Experience working on large social media strategies involving large audiences.
- Subject matter expertise in the Social Media space.
- Experience leading and managing a team.