About the job
Citizens is looking for an enthusiastic Sr. Social Media Community Partner to join the Social Media team.
The four main parts to this role include but are not limited to: calendaring and content creation, customer engagement and care, analytics, and reporting, and paid social. This candidate will report to the VP, Social Media Manager and will work alongside other Social Media Community Partners to meet role objectives and goals.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has previous hands-on experience as a social media community manager for a brand(s) with a strong digital presence and who has a passion for driving customer engagement, building brand relationships, delivering social customer care, digging into data and creating thumb-stopping content. You ll have a knack for injecting Citizens into online conversation with relevant, real-time content, hyper-local content, events coverage, and more. You understand B2B and B2C current social media ecosystem and are excited to help drive digital transformation as part of a large, growing brand. You have learning and best practices in your arsenal, but you aren’t afraid to innovate and test and learn. You have the ability to look beyond what is and imagine what could be.
- Manage Citizens social media channels across the enterprise including business-specific accounts, establish positive interaction with various audiences and ultimately be the voice of the brand, building and sustaining engaged communities while building brand reputation.
- Spend ample time calendaring and then creating, curating, and sourcing content deliverables including third-party content, engaging copy, photos, video, etc.
- Use social listening to look for those brand-building moments to engage customers and take an out-of-the-box approach to create authentic moments.
- Be a coach and resource to other Community Managers.
- Collaborate with social media strategists and partners across marketing, communications, and business lines on sourced content for timely distribution.
- Employ problem-solving and analytical thinking capabilities as part of the customer care response management process.
- Serve as an expert resource and trainer on social media best practices to internal stakeholders.
- Leverage analytics to gain customer and channel insights and optimize social media program tactics.
- Run real-time social media reports as requested.
- Build audiences and run paid campaigns to amplify content reach in social media management tool.
- Attend events as needed and provide social coverage, sometimes during evenings or weekends.
- 3-4 years of professional experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a social media role as a community manager or digital customer service manager for a major brand with direct involvement in both social response and social content creation.
- Knowledge and experience using social media management systems like Sprinklr, Spredfast, or HootSuite.
- Social media enthusiast and independent user of multiple social platforms (Facebook/Facebook Stories, Twitter, Instagram/Instagram Stories, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.).
- Working knowledge of integrated digital marketing, including the role of social in the broader digital ecosystem.
- High attention to detail, especially with regards to grammar, voice, and tone. Need to be able to read various nuanced conversations and provide appropriate, empathetic responses.
- Passion for writing, photography, technology, and emerging platforms.
- Flexible, hands-on attitude.
- Self-starter, with the ability to think on feet and show excellent judgment. Skilled ability to prioritize, especially during times of high volume in regard to community comments.
- Ability to provide social media training and guidance to a broad range of social media practitioners and marketing generalists.
- Experience in both B2B and B2C financial services is a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field