Birdie is a pioneer in social innovation. Our vision is to build a society in which we all age with confidence. With a rapidly growing ageing population, overcrowded care homes and social care services under water, we’re facing a social crisis. We ‘re on a mission to reinvent care so that older generations can live longer, healthier and happier in their own homes, surrounded by their families and their communities. We use digital products, cutting-edge home connected devices and AI to empower the care community to deliver better, preventative care
Launched in 2017, Birdie is a team of socially motivated care, health, product and tech entrepreneurs. We were nominated one of the top 10 UK startups to watch, the SME with the best culture in the UK and was in the 2020 Business Cloud Top 50 Start Up’s list. As of May 2021 we have raised an additional £8.2 million in our Series A funding led by Index Ventures.
We are building the organisation of the future that will not only improve the lives of millions of older adults but also of our team members, our communities and will protect the environment. We demonstrate our values in everything we do. We care; we succeed together; we grow individually and strive for excellence; we are smart, brave and ambitious; and we nurture fun and a little quirkiness.
About the job
As our Marketing Director, you will lead Birdie’s marketing team to define and own our unique positioning, drive our marketing campaigns, and develop our product marketing and content marketing into competitive differentiators. You will position Birdie as a unique partner delighting our customers every day and with the vision to transform our society for the better.
- You will develop, motivate, support and coach a high-performing marketing team, taking responsibility for defining Birdie’s marketing vision, strategy, plan and budget;
- You will lead the development of Birdie’s content-driven marketing strategy, and build a clear and strong brand for Birdie, with a consistent and differentiating tone of voice and visual brand. You will particularly focus on building a tight community of partners and position Birdie as a thought leader for them;
- You will build a strong product marketing strategy for a growing range of products and customer segments, in the UK and internationally. In particular, you will maximise product awareness and new customer acquisition through best-in-class product positioning, driven by a deep understanding of Birdie’s market, customers & competitors. With your team, you will take ownership of product launches, sales enablement, and our website;
- You will work closely with sales, customer success and product to align revenue-generating activities, and drive successful adoption of our product across various different market segments;
- You will support your team to deliver best-in-class revenue generating performance, across acquisition marketing, account-based marketing, customer-marketing, and product-led growth. Your key success metrics will include newly signed MRR, net revenue retention, and pipeline generation;
- With your team, you will lead our PR, external communications, and events;
- You will build a view (jointly with founders) of additional addressable markets with new segments and markets;
- You have 6+ years of experience in B2B marketing;
- You have experience overseeing product marketing, content marketing, and demand generation;
- You’re a natural storyteller who inspires internal and external audiences, with a strong sense of purpose and creativity to differentiate the story and our brand as unique and compelling; you communicate complex ideas in a simple fashion;
- You have solid experience in building a B2B brand from early-stage to established and trusted brand, with a customer-first mindset coupled with strong analysis and intuition to understand our buyer’s greatest needs and aspirations; you know how to create tight communities that adhere to our brand;
- You have led best-in-class marketing teams before, have designed strategic roadmaps, can prioritise them based on ROI, and you have consistently overachieved your quantified objectives; you’re a strong project manager, self-motivated and extremely resourceful;
- You have strong business acumen, are highly analytical and can drive detailed market analyses with a pragmatic approach;
- You’re an entrepreneur, daring, resilient and positive;
- You’re bought into our social mission to radically improve the live of millions of older people.