BioNews Services is a leading online health, science, publication, and research company that exists for one purpose: to serve the patient living with a rare disease. We do this by connecting them with current, trusted, and relevant news and information. This content is delivered regularly and provided by actual patients as well as professional journalists, writers, editors, scientists, and experienced media executives. Our end customers are truly patients living with rare diseases.
About the job
BioNews is seeking a Social Content Manager. The Social Content Manager is responsible for creating, selecting, adapting, and sharing content in all BioNews’ social media platforms according to the team’s marketing strategy defined by the Director of Multimedia Services. The Social Content Manager has to have a deep technical knowledge on how social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, SoundCloud, Reddit, and others work. This position requires knowledge of the audience BioNews serves (rare disease communities). The Social Content Manager needs to be comfortable working with platforms such as Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout Social etc and be able to interpret and export data from each social platform and Google Analytics. The ideal Social Content Manager needs to be fluent in English, have great written skills for storytelling and creating engaging pieces of content.
- Creating, selecting, adapting and sharing content on all BioNews’ social media platforms
- Understanding the audiences BioNews serves and which content and type of language is considered appropriate and relevant to the rare disease communities
- Interacting with multiple departments on a daily basis
- Coordinating and executing several social initiatives in parallel
- Creating Instagram accounts
- Implementing content creation (40 to 50 pieces per week for Instagram)
- Start growing audience for new platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Feeding content to platforms
- Scheduling duties and community management when needed
- Project management and must have reporting/ metrics skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Journalism, Public Relations, Communication, or Marketing or relevant experience
- At least 2 + years professional experience with social media communication strategies
- Experienced editorial manager in social media context