About the job
You’ll excel in this role if you have a broad range of experience across sales and marketing at other SaaS tech companies. You’ll work closely with the sales team to support in their day-to-day as well as coaching and developing their skills. You’ll bring an analytical approach to increasing our growth through identifying, testing and optimizing new channels and opportunities.
- Own vision, strategy and execution for revenue growth across sales & marketing. Today this includes inbound/outbound sales, conferences (post-pandemic) and multiple marketing channels (including paid acquisition, referrals, social, SEO, etc.).
- Identify, validate and optimize new and existing channels, funnel processes and content to increase leads and conversion and grow revenue.
- Use a data-backed approach to monitor team performance, setting clear targets and working to coach team members towards achieving them.
- Day-to-day sales management; monitoring the pipeline, tracking progress against targets and providing metrics to the team and the wider company.
- Work alongside the other members of the leadership group to set company direction and strategy.
- Run quarterly and annual forecasting.
- Work cross-functionally to increase the value we deliver to our clients and improve retention across the client lifecycle.
- Collaborate with client experience to develop upsell pathways that increase wallet share through the client lifecycle.
- Support and enable our quarterly project teams when their work touches sales and/or marketing.
- Build and develop relationships with external partners, such as real estate boards and industry conferences.
- Own Avenue’s voice & tone, handling all external communications with clients and beyond.
- You’ve cut your teeth in growth-stage SaaS tech startups. You understand the challenges that companies at this stage face (and jumping back into these excites you).
- You’ve previously held a Director level role or have an established track record in a Senior Manager role.
- You have experience in both Sales & Marketing, you understand how each can support the other.
- You have a wide range of Sales experience and have developed a toolbox of different approaches and ideas.
- You’re familiar with online advertising. Bonus points if you have gone down the rabbit hole of growth marketing.
- You’ve worked in a distributed or remote-first environment and understand that it is far more than just adapting the office to zoom (5 levels of remote work). You have a bias for a-synchronous communication, but also know when to blend in a synchronous stand-up or meeting to bring the team together.