We are aThemes and we create well-designed and easy to use WordPress themes and plugins. We also run a high-traffic blog about WordPress and online marketing.
We are a 100% remote and nimble team of ten talented people from around the world. We are 100% self-funded and profitable since day one. We make smart and thoughtful decisions to help us grow at a sustainable pace.
About the job
As a Technical Writer at aThemes, you’ll be in charge of creating online content like blog posts, documentation, tutorials and more.
You will work alongside our Technical Editor and Content Manager to create great content that educates, informs and engages our readers. The overarching goals of your writing are twofold: 1) increase organic traffic to our blog and 2) establish our authority as WordPress experts.
You must possess an excellent command of English and have technical knowledge to be successful in this role.
- Write accurate, engaging and easy to read tutorials about WordPress and web development for our blog
- Work with the SEO Manager to identify topics to write about based on keyword research
- Edit and improve existing content to make sure that it is accurate and up-to-date
- Write detailed documentation for our WordPress themes and plugins that explains how to use them step by step
- Stay abreast of the latest industry trends and topics
- You have the ability to write high-quality content. This comes above all else.
- You are available to create content for us for at least 20 hours a week.
- You understand the importance of structure when it comes to online technical content. You can write in a way that beginners can understand. You know how to optimise your articles for SEO.
- You know how to carry out web performance tests. You know how caching works. You know what minification is.
- You have the ability to explain complicated, technical topics in a simple, conversational way.
Thank you for subscribing!